Russian River Utility (RRU) is a water and sewer management company incorporated in the State of California in April 1983.
Services provided range from operating treatment plants, collecting water samples and replacing facilities to meter reading, billing and preparing all reports and permits for public, private, mutual water systems, and wastewater systems in Sonoma County.
Originally, the company was organized to operate a deteriorated private system acquired by a public County Water District. The firm has since expanded service to over 16 systems. RRU monitors six of these water systems using a radio telemetry program called SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition). Tank levels, pump status and treatment plant operations are continuously monitored by radio transmission and any alarms are immediately transmitted to an on-call operator.
RRU is an active member of the American Water Works Association (AWWA), California Water Agencies (CWA), Wine Country Water Works Association (WCWWA) and California Rural Water Association (CRWA).
RRU is also a licensed Contract Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator, license # CO-0019.
The Sonoma County Water Agency approved an agreement with Russian River Utility in 2001 to operate the Mayacama Golf Club Wastewater Reclamation Plant. This facility consists of a membrane-micro filtration plant. All water is reused on the golf course.
RRU operates a secondary plant at the Salvation Army Lytton Springs Rehabilitation Facility, and the Bohemian Grove facilities near Monte Rio.
James Dunton, President
· Water Treatment Plant Operator 2, License #13417
· Distribution 2, License #16230
Hal Wood, Consultant
· Professional Engineer CE, License #11759
· Distribution license #14485
· Water Treatment Operator 3, License #11596
· Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 3, License #493
· Hal Wood’s Resume
· Water Treatment Plant Operator 2, License #30916
· Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 3, License #28596
· Distribution 2, License 36086
· Water Treatment Plant Operator 2, License #37339
· Distribution 2, License #45865
· Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator in Training
· Office Manager, Customer Relations/Billing
· Meter Reader, Customer Relations/Billing
· Meter Reader